I. Program Introduction
To increase the attraction of professional advantages and subjects in CUG to international outstanding students, and to strengthen the influence on international students from countries along the routes of the “Belt and Road” Initiative, our university is going to invite outstanding high school teachers and students from countries along the routes of the “Belt and Road” Initiative to our campus and participate in the “A Tour of Elites” Summer Camp. Only 50 senior high school students will be elected for the Camp this summer. (This program is only for the applications from senior high schools or organizations, not for personal application)
II. Camp Duration
June, 2019 -- July, 2019
III. Camp Fee
The total fee for one attendee is 3,000 CNY.
The expenses include: Tuition fee, accommodation fee and living allowance, pick-up service from airport, city transportation, and insurance fees during the stay at CUG but excludes round-trip flight and transportation fare, visa charges and personal shopping consumption. A lead teacher’s International travelling cost will be supported by the host university when the number of recommended students from one senior high school is up to 15 students.
Insurance: All students attending the camp should buy short-term insurance that can cover the whole summer. The students must bear the cost themselves. For specific rights and interests please refer to the comprehensive insurance plan of foreign students in China for a short time provided by Ping An Insurance Company of China, Ltd at http://www.lxbx.net/.
IV. Application Requirements
1. The high school students (No grade 3 students who are graduating) must be from countries along the “Belt and Road” and be in good health with ability to apply for academic activity arrangements.
2. The applicants are supposed to have strong interest in Chinese culture and language with a plan to study and live in China.
3. Excellent academic performance with no disciplinary record at school.
4. Good abilities of expression and understanding Chinese or English.
5. The economic conditions of the family can guarantee affording individual expenses for international travel and others.
6. The applicants must participate in the project on their own free will with the permission of parents/guardians and schools.
Tip: Applicants had better apply/acquire passports themselves or through School official arrangement in advance.
V. Activities Schedule:
“A Tour of Elites” Summer Camp is divided into four parts as following:
1. Courses about Chinese culture and language
2. Historical & cultural visiting and exchange
3. Experience Chinese food
4. Trial class of professional courses
* Optional field trip (extra charge)
* Specific activity arrangement will come out before the deadline of application.
* Applicants who perform well will gain a priority in scholarship election of the next year.
VI. Required Documents:
Please send all soft copies of the required documents in the following to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with the theme “Summer Camp 2019”. All information and supporting documents provided for this application must be complete, true and correct. Applicants with falsified application documents will be disqualified.
1. Applicants need to download and fill out the Application Form of the Belt and Road “A Tour of Elites” Summer Camp on the website http://iec.cug.edu.cn;
2. A valid photocopy of passport
3. Parent/Guardian’s consent which can be download from the website http://iec.cug.edu.cn;
Deadline: May 25th, 2019
VII. Group Application Submission:
Please send the group application of summer camp to e-mail (email@example.com) with the details such as the contact person and contact information, the introduction and population of schools or agencies, if ever taking Chinese learning courses, the predicted number of applicants and so on. Our office will make all-round consideration and give a prompt response.
Address: Room211/215, Dangui Building, Lumo Road 388, Hongshan District, Wuhan City (Post Code:430074)